Do you have advanced skills in delivering T-SQL scripts?
Do you have significant experience in gathering business requirements and translating these into technical ones?
Are you an excellent problem solver?
Do you have a high attention to detail?
We are looking to recruit two SQL Data Engineers on a three months contract each. You will be responsible for delivering data engineering and reporting solutions to meet business requirements. Working as part of a Data & Insight team, you will report to the Senior SQL Data Engineer. You will work closely with the working group of colleagues who will use the data warehouse and BI systems.
You will be primarily working on delivering a number of advanced T-SQL scripts which are delivered through an SSRS report fed from packages built in SSIS. You need to ensure the requirements are understood correctly by yourself and there will be a contact from the stakeholder team ready to answer any of your queries.
Key responsibilities include:
- Delivering a number of data products for company Supply Chain Operations team
- Support colleagues, investors, NGOs and other data consumers in the use of our data, data products and make better decisions from them
- Data requirement gathering and data testing for key tools
Required skills and experience:
- Experience in writing high performance advanced T-SQL and stored procedures
- Strong ability to analyse user requirements
- Significant track record of delivering creative Business Intelligent solutions (including report design and dashboards) using the Microsoft Business Intelligence stack (SSIS, SSRS)
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Strong understanding of relational database structures, theories, principles, and practices
- Demonstrate ability with Microsoft SQL Server 2016 database engine, mainly with regards to applying the right indexes
- Knowledge of data warehousing, including designing, supporting and building ETLs
- Experience of working closely with data users to support them in their work
- Experience of working in an agile environment with tight deadlines within a highly motivated team
Desired skills and experience:
- Experience of analytics tools
- Experience of building externally facing BI tools delivered through websites
- Experience with R programming language
- Knowledge of development in c#, Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2016
- An awareness of environmental issues such as Climate Change, Deforestation, and Water Security.