Do you have qualifications and experience in Mechanical Engineering?
Is communication one of your key strengths?
If the answer is YES, then we have a unique opportunity for you as our client is looking to train you to be a Forensic Mechanical Engineer Investigator.
In this role, you will investigate a broad range of engineering related incidents and accidents.
- Conducting site-based investigations to record and gather the available physical evidence.
- Obtaining details regarding the background and circumstances surrounding the incident by interviewing people associated with the incident.
- Undertaking telephone enquiries of equipment suppliers and manufacturers to obtain the required technical information.
- Reviewing technical documentation that may comprise engineering drawings, operating manuals and maintenance records.
- Consulting relevant standards, regulations and other published guidance.
- Undertaking technical literature reviews.
- Providing the client with timely preliminary verbal and/or written advice in a form that can be readily understood by a layperson and ultimately a Judge.
- Conducting detailed visual and low magnification examinations of failed components, equipment or machinery.
- Mechanical testing of components, equipment or machinery.
- Devising and conducting ad hoc testing of components, equipment or machinery.
- Preparing reports that may be in the form of a brief letter style report or in the form of a detailed, illustrated report for Court proceedings.
- Attending client meetings to discuss your investigation.
- Meetings with experts appointed by the other involved parties as part of the litigation process.
- Providing expert witness evidence in Court, which may involve being questioned in depth by a Barrister.
- Have attained a good honours degree in mechanical engineering and good A-Levels (ESSENTIAL)
- Several years of postgraduate experience, preferably in an industrial engineering environment.
Full Training will be provided, and you will enjoy a competitive basic salary of £40,000 -£50,000 plus handsome bonuses, car allowance, expenses, and very good pension and other great benefits.
For a full and detailed job description please forward your CV online today.