Do you have qualifications and experience in Electrical Engineering?
Are you a Chartered Engineer and or Corporate Member of the IET?
Is communication one of your key strengths?
If so our client would like to meet you as we are recruiting for Electrical Engineers to train as Forensic Fire & Explosions Investigators to perform investigations in the failure of electrical equipment and systems.
This position offers you a unique opportunity to enter an interesting and dynamic profession offering a wide variety of technical challenges and scientific interest in a commercial environment.
The company has offices around the world and opportunities also exist to work out of those offices.
The list below provides an overview of the various aspects of the job:
• Conducting site-based investigations to record and gather the available physical evidence.
• Liaising with Police, Fire Brigade, Health, and Safety Executive personnel, who may be in control of the site.
• Obtaining details regarding the background and circumstances surrounding the incident by interviewing individuals associated with the incident.
• Undertaking telephone and Internet inquiries, possibly in liaison with our team of in-house librarians.
• Reviewing technical documentation that may include manuals and maintenance records.
• Consulting relevant standards, regulations and other published guidance.
• Undertaking technical literature reviews.
• Providing the client with timely preliminary verbal and/or written advice in a form that can be readily understood by a layperson and ultimately a Judge.
• Conducting detailed laboratory-based examinations.
• Devising and conducting tests.
• Preparing reports that may be in the form of a brief letter style report or in the form of a detailed, illustrated report for Court proceedings.
• Attending client meetings to discuss your investigation.
• Meetings with experts appointed by the other involved parties as part of the litigation process.
• Providing expert witness evidence in Court, which will involve being questioned in depth by a Barrister, who will have been briefed by a technical expert.
In return, you can expect a competitive salary, contributory Pension Scheme, medical healthcare, life assurance, a relocation allowance, company car, Christmas bonus plus 5 weeks holiday and the opportunity to also receive a fantastic performance related bonus.
Electrical Engineering degree (not Micro Electronic or Forensic)
Good A-Levels attained before Electrical Engineering degree
Practical and relevant work experience e.g. Electrical Apprenticeship.]
For a full and detailed job description please forward your CV online today.
Specialist Solutions UK is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Specialist Solutions UK is an Equal Opportunities employer; we welcome applicants from all backgrounds