Salary£30,000 - £50,000
A state-of-the-art high technology computer forensic laboratory in the Midlands has a requirement for an experienced Computer Forensic Investigator to analyse PC’S, forensic copies of media, and server data as part of law enforcement activities in the Midlands.
In the role, you will use various forensic methods and specialist software such as Encase to examine forensic copies or media obtained from various electronic sources.
Working in accordance with ACPO guidelines you will document each stage of all digital investigations.
You will be working on behalf of law enforcement organisations and private clients to document your finding and write reports to present to Lab Managers and if necessary, in court. The successful candidate will be able to explain actions and support conclusions under cross-examination.
To be eligible to apply you must:
- Have work experience of real digital forensics investigations (essential)
- Have work experience in using Encase and FTK in a real investigation (essential)
- A good understanding of data structures and file systems (essential)
- A good grasp of Windows, Macintosh, Linux or UNIX and DOS (essential)
- ACPO guidelines and ISO17025standards. (essential)
- Any scripting skills would be highly advantageous such as Python and SQL as would ACE, EnCe certifications.
The basic salary is £38,000 plus you will have career progression and further training. You will also have flexible working and work in an environment with high morale.
There will be a one stage interview process so apply online today for more details.